PMON terminates instance after an ORA-00600 [kgxRelease-bad-holder] error
(Doc ID 1476411.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An Oracle DISPATCHER process reports the following error:
With a Call Stack Trace showing:
Then, the following exceptions/errors may also be reported;
- Exception [type: SIGSEGV, Address not mapped to object] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0x47F40F5, __intel_new_memcpy()+21] [flags: 0x0, count: 1]
- Exception [type: SIGSEGV, SI_KERNEL(general_protection)] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0x2DDE8A6, kglSessionHashIterate()+188] [flags: 0x0, count: 1]
- ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [ksp_gcs_pars_int()+753] [SIGSEGV] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0xB0672F] [SI_KERNEL(general_protection)] 
- ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kspgip2], [0x2CB020DF8], , [db_files], , , , , , , , 
Finally, PMON takes a System State Dump and then terminates the instance;
- System state dump requested by (instance=1, osid=3119 (PMON)), summary=[abnormal instance termination].
- Instance terminated by PMON, pid = 3119
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document