ORA-27063 and SVR4 ERROR: 5: I/O ERROR ON SUN SOLARIS OR ASM DISKGROUP NOT MOUNT WITH ORA-15036 AFTER UPGRADING TO >= 18.104.22.168
(Doc ID 1478482.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11.2]
Sun SPARC Sun OS
Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)
1. The following similar error occurs either in database alert.log or ASM alert.log
SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error
Additional information: -1
Additional information: 1048576
WARNING: Read Failed. group:1 disk:5 AU:262110 offset:0 size:1048576
incarnation:0xd848f564 asynchronous result:'I/O error'
subsys:System iop:0xffffffff7de80140 bufp:0xffffffff78c0fe00 osderr:0x0 osderr1:0x0
2. kfod output shows the size of the affected disk as bigger than the error location.
- In this example, AU size for the affected diskgroup is 4M.
- 262110 is an example location from the alert.log above.
- error location is : 262110 * 4M = 1,048,440M
Actual size for slice 6: 2146894470 sectors for slice 6 * 512 byte ~= 1,048,288 M
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!