ASM device error ORA-27041 ORA-15025 ORA-15081
(Doc ID 1487475.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. All ASM diskgroups are currently mounted
2. Majority of the business applications are running without any issue.
3. There is no issue when connecting to RDBMS using RDBMS OS user ( example "oracle" user )
4. Role separation between ASM devices and RDBMS has been implemented.
For example, grid for ASM instance & oracle for RDBMS instance
5. The following error is reported in RDBMS alert.log.
ORA-27041: unable to open file
IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 13: Permission denied
Additional information: 11
ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 1
ORA-01110: data file 1; +DATA/orcl/system
ORA-15081: failed to submit an I/O operation to a disk
ORA-01110: data file 1; +DATA/orcl/system; ORA-15081: failed to submit an I/O operation to a disk
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document