SMON Blocking Drop Temporary Tablespace
(Doc ID 1500044.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 05-Apr-2016 ***
The following steps have been performed successfully:
- Create a new temporary tablespace
- Declare as the new default temp
- Make sure that no users have the old temp as their default
Now trying to drop the old temporary tablespace, the session hangs.
Analyzing the problem shows the following:
- Tracing the session using 10046 shows that the session is waiting for event "enq: TS - contention'"
- System state dump shows that the session is blocked by SMON
- SMON is waiting for event "SMON TIMER"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document