Steps to manually update LSI Disk Array Controller Firmware after installing 22.214.171.124.1
(Doc ID 1534282.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 126.96.36.199.1 to 188.8.131.52.1 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The procedure described in this document applies to following situations:
* If current image is older than 184.108.40.206.1 and LSI MegaRaid Disk Controller Firmware is older than 12.12.0-0140, during upgrades to 220.127.116.11.1:
- Upgrade could be interrupted due to the SM BIOS Uncorrectable CPU-complex error, cell is rebooted in the middle of the upgrade and rolling back to previous image.
- Details in Document 1490545.1.
SM BIOS Uncorrectable CPU-complex Error in ILOM SEL and system hard hangs when running sosreport or commands such as lspci.
Before patching to version 18.104.22.168.1, follow <Document 1485475.1> Known Issues 1.10 - Cell and Database image versions 22.214.171.124.2 or lower require workaround before patching.
* If current image is 126.96.36.199.1 but LSI MegaRaid Disk Controller Firmware was not correctly updated to 12.12.0-0140
- Caused by Bug 16397592 - disk controller fw check is incorrect 12.9.0049 >= 12.12.00140
- Use the procedure described in this document.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document