Oracle Exalytics Exachk Health-Check Tool for "X" Series Servers
(Doc ID 1566134.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Exalytics Software - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.1 and later
Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine 'X' Series machines (X2-4, X3-4, X4-4, X5-4 and X6-4)
Oracle Exalytics Base Image 126.96.36.199.0 (PS3) or higher.
This document provides download and installation instructions for Exachk health-check tool for Exalytics. Exachk is supported on Oracle Exalytics 'X' Series Machines (X2-4, X3-4, X4-4 and X5-4), Release 188.8.131.52.0 (image version 184.108.40.206/PS3) and above.
Support for Linux 6, Release 220.127.116.11.0 servers is included in this Exachk release. While support for OL6 is now available, Support for OBIEE 12c checks is still pending. OBIEE 12c support has been requested in Enhancement Request (ER) <Bug 25034066> - ENH: NEED FULL SUPPORT FOR OBIEE 12C IN EXALYTICS EXACHK ON OL6 SERVERS.
Exalytics Exachk is a health-check tool that is designed to audit important configuration settings within an Oracle Exalytics machine. Exachk examines the following components:
- Operating System, Firmware, BIOS
- Network - InfiniBand, Ethernet
- Memory - RAM, disks
- Software installed on the machine - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and TimesTen (TT)
- This Exachk utility is certified and supported with Exalytics, Release 18.104.22.168.0, Linux 6 servers.
NOTE: Virtualization (OVM) environments are not supported in this release.
Exachk can be used in the following conditions:
- Before and after deploying an Oracle Exalytics machine
- As part of the monthly maintenance program for an Oracle Exalytics machine
- Before and after making any changes in the system configuration
- Before and after any planned maintenance activity
- For troubleshooting hardware or software failures
- For troubleshooting performance degradation
NOTE: Exachk is not a system, network, or performance analysis tool. It is not a continuous monitoring utility, neither does it duplicate the work of other monitoring or alerting tools.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Exachk Release Version Notes|
|Exachk Initial Deployment & Installation|