After Upgrade To Oracle Big Data Appliance V2.2.1 Executing Hive Queries From Node 04 Hang
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2013
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 2.2.1 to 2.2.1 [Release 2.2]
Select queries hang when executed on Node 04 after upgrade to Oracle Big Data Appliance V2.2.1. For example:
1. Show table works fine. It displays the list of tables.
2. Any select query does not work; For example here is a simple select * from a very small table which hangs. The Job Tracker does not show the job running.
$ hive -e 'select * from test where 1=1';
Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-common-0.10.0-cdh4.3.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/<user>/hive_job_log_0056c361-aadc-49a2-bda2-0bf40b6354bd_1331265983.txt
3. The same problem occurs if the where clause is removed ( hive -e 'select * from test);
4. The same issue is observed when the Hive CLI is invoked first and select statements are executed on the hive> prompt.
5. However the same queries all work when run on Node 05.
6. There are also errors running queries in Hue / Beeswax which were not present before the upgrade.
Users may also get the following error while trying to login to Hue application:
(1040, 'Too many connections')
Note: After restarting the Hue service in Cloudera Manager
a) the Hue / Beeswax starts working
b) hive queries run successfully on Node 04 again
c) Users can log into the Hue application
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms