After Upgrade To Oracle Big Data Appliance V2.2.1 Executing Hive Queries From Node 04 Hang
(Doc ID 1605085.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2013
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 2.2.1 to 2.2.1 [Release 2.2]
Select queries hang when executed on Node 04 after upgrade to Oracle Big Data Appliance V2.2.1. For example:
1. Show table works fine. It displays the list of tables.
2. Any select query does not work; For example here is a simple select * from a very small table which hangs. The Job Tracker does not show the job running.
$ hive -e 'select * from test where 1=1';
Logging initialized using configuration in jar:file:/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-common-0.10.0-cdh4.3.0.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Hive history file=/tmp/<user>/hive_job_log_0056c361-aadc-49a2-bda2-0bf40b6354bd_1331265983.txt
3. The same problem occurs if the where clause is removed ( hive -e 'select * from test);
4. The same issue is observed when the Hive CLI is invoked first and select statements are executed on the hive> prompt.
5. However the same queries all work when run on Node 05.
6. There are also errors running queries in Hue / Beeswax which were not present before the upgrade.
Users may also get the following error while trying to login to Hue application:
(1040, 'Too many connections')
Note: After restarting the Hue service in Cloudera Manager
a) the Hue / Beeswax starts working
b) hive queries run successfully on Node 04 again
c) Users can log into the Hue application
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!