When Using TimesTen Replication ROUTE Clause ADD and DROP Element Performance Is Slow
(Doc ID 1612650.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2021
Applies to:Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the TimesTen Replication ROUTE clause adding and dropping elements is slow.
The following describes the durations to do the follow with an existing bi-directional replication scheme with 101 replicated elements:
- Add 2 new Primary Subscribers with 101 Elements each
- Drop 2 new Primary Subscriber
- ~10s - Exclude ROUTE clause
- ~86s - Add ROUTE clause in CREATE REPLICATION statement before Add/Drop Elements
- ~17s - Add ROUTE clause in ALTER REPLICATION statement after Add and Drop ROUTE clause in ALTER REPLICATION before Drop Elements
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!