ALTER DISKGROUP .. SET ATTRIBUTE 'storage.type'='zfssa': ORA-15032, ORA-15242, ORA-15287, ORA-15285
(Doc ID 1634592.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Configuring Oracle 18.104.22.168.0 using an ASM diskgroup over a ZFS Storage through a FCC SAN and gettting following error:
* Customer states that this is working on Solaris11 (same configuration).
* The ZFS storage LUNS are not published with NAS but are published as devices withing Solaris.
* Using Oracle M4000 server with 64 GB of memory connected with FCAL technology (SAN) to a ZFS Storage 7320 using Oracle Enterprise Edition 22.214.171.124 using ASM.
In the ZFS Storage two pools of 2TB capacity using read and write optimizers.
Already checked/tried, but same problem:
* The diskgroup is EXTERNAL and COMPATIBILITY and DATABASE COMPATIBILITY has been set to 126.96.36.199.0
* Tried without dNFS configured in ASM and with dNFS configured in ASM (Oracle instance running with ODM: Oracle Direct NFS ODM Library Version 3.0).
When dNFS was enabled in ASM, 'select * from v$dnfs_servers;' returned no rows. This is likely caused because the LUNs are not shared through the NFS Share.
User/Customer maintains that dNFS is not needed as they want to use HCC over FCAL connections (not NFS over Ethernet). Also this would not explain why they had it working
on Solaris11 and it does not work on Solaris10 (same configuration).
* SNMP doesn't need to be enabled for zfssa raw disks
* Checked oradism permissions, and these are fine:
$ ls -ltra ./oracle/product/188.8.131.52/grid/bin/oradism
-rwsr-x--- 1 root dba 1359104 Aug 21 2013 ./oracle/product/184.108.40.206/grid/bin/oradism*
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!