Impalad 1.1.1 fails with "This role's process failed to start" on BDA 2.3.1
Last updated on MAY 27, 2014
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 2.3.1 and later
1. The impala service on BDA V2.3.1 (Impala 1.1.1) is in "Bad" health.
2. In Cloudera Manager (CM) from Services > impala, the "Health Tests" show
And it is not possible to restart the service.
3. The state of the Impala Daemon shows:
4. The ALERT SUMMARY in the CRITICAL logging shows:
The health of role impalad () has become bad.
CRITICAL The heal test result for IMPALAD_SCM_HEALTH has become bad,
This role's proces failed to start
5. The impala logging shows:
Error: Duplicate registration of subscriber: <host>.example.com:22000
State Store Subscriber did not start up
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms