Installing Oracle Big Data Appliance Mammoth (Software Deployment Bundle) Release V2.6.0 for New CDH Installations with OL6 Base Image
(Doc ID 1902313.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2014
Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 2.6.0 and later
This document provides instructions on how to install Oracle Big Data Appliance Mammoth (Software Deployment Bundle) Release 2.6.0 for CDH installations.
Mammoth is a command-line utility for installing and configuring the Oracle Big Data Appliance software. Using Mammoth, you can:
- Create a cluster on one or more racks.
- Create multiple clusters on a Oracle Big Data Appliance rack.
- Extend a cluster to new servers.
- Update a cluster with new software.
- Deploy Auto Service Request during or after the initial software installation.
- Deploy the Oracle Enterprise Manager system monitoring plug-in for Oracle Big Data Appliance during or after the initial software installation.
- Setup Kerberos Security.
Please download patch 19069794 from My Oracle Support and copy it to the BDA server.
19069794: ORACLE BIG DATA APPLIANCE MAMMOTH DEPLOYMENT BUNDLE V2.6.0 FOR ORACLE LINUX 6
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.