Logical Standby Archrive logs Stuck In 'CURRENT' State
(Doc ID 1917569.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- On a Logical Standby Database APPLIED column of DBA_LOGSTDBY_LOG shows 'CURRENT' for large number of archive logs
- READ_SCN value of DBA_LOGSTDBY_PROGRESS view doesn't change/advance
- It starts reading from READ_SCN every time apply process is restarted
The logical standby is up to date
- Appliers applied all the latest archive logs
- Reader is waiting for next archive log from primary
- No long running transaction in primary (No row in system.logmnr_age_spill$ where the xidusn, xidslt, and xidsqn columns > 0 as in <Note 943933.1>)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document