Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle OLAP - Version 10.1.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Oracle OLAP option (OnLine Analytical Processing) is only available with the Enterprise Edition of the database . It was introduced with
Oracle 9i Release 1 as the successor to the so-called ‘Express Server’ and provides analytical capabilities via the OLAP API or via
SQL access to OLAP cubes (11g and later).
Oracle OLAP consists of 3 components:
1. OLAP Analytical Workspaces
2. OLAP API
3. OLAP Catalog (deprecated and removed with Oracle 12c but obsolete already in 10g)
There are opportunities where you need to enable or disable the Oracle OLAP option from the Oracle executable:
- A patch/-set has been applied that disables OLAP
- OLAP needs to be installed in order to prepare for an installation of the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS)
- OLAP is no longer required or is to be removed for licensing reasons
The fastest way to check the status is to run a query against v$option for an existing instance:
If this returns 'TRUE', then OLAP is enabled, if it returns 'FALSE', it is not.
This note describes the steps required to perform this part of the install or the removal process.
Please note that there are additional steps required to completely install or remove OLAP.
If that is what you are looking forward to achieve, please check the more complete notes mentioned
at the end of this document.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms