High Wait Time for 'cursor: pin S wait on X' Event After Upgrade
(Doc ID 1949691.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2019
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Significant time is spent waiting for 'cursor: pin S wait on X' (and possibly high 'library cache lock' and 'cursor: pin S' waits as well)
- Average wait time is high.
- Top 10 waits in an AWR report might look similar to the following:
- A large number of captured plans can be seen in the dba_sql_plan_baselines view or in the SQLT report.
- Automatic recognition of repeatable SQL statements, as well as the generation of SQL plan baselines for statement(s) was used.
- No such performance symptoms were seen on the previous version prior to upgrade
Upgrade from database version from 11gR2 to 12c (22.214.171.124). However, this may happen in any upgrade using SPM if OPTIMIZER_CAPTURE_SQL_PLAN_BASELINES has been set to TRUE.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.