Installing Oracle Big Data Appliance Mammoth (Software Deployment Bundle) Release V4.1 for New CDH Installations with OL6 Base Image
(Doc ID 1963001.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 4.1.0 and later
This document provides instructions on how to install Oracle Big Data Appliance Mammoth (Software Deployment Bundle) Release 4.1.
Mammoth is a command-line utility for installing and configuring the Oracle Big Data Appliance software. Using Mammoth, you can:
- Create a cluster on one or more racks. Note for multiple rack clusters install the cluster on multiple racks using one cluster_name-config.json file.
- Create multiple clusters on a Oracle Big Data Appliance rack.
- Extend a cluster to new servers.
- Update a cluster with new software.
- Deploy Auto Service Request during or after the initial software installation.
- Deploy the Oracle Enterprise Manager system monitoring plug-in for Oracle Big Data Appliance during or after the initial software installation.
- Setup Kerberos Security.
Please download Patch 20369730 from My Oracle Support and copy it to a BDA server.
Note: The patch has been re-uploaded on Feb. 7th, 2015 so ensure you have downloaded latest release.
|ORACLE BIG DATA APPLIANCE MAMMOTH DEPLOYMENT BUNDLE V4.1.0 FOR ORACLE LINUX 6
||Linux x86-64 (American English)
||Big Data Appliance Integrated Software
||Feb 07, 2015 11:24 AM (Friday)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.