Exadata: Problems introduced when replacing a physical disk having a foreign partition table
(Doc ID 1965314.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- A disk replaced on any of the slots 2 to 11 may have a partition table.
- The CellDisk created, the devicePartition attribute will be referencing a partition and not the whole disk
- If this is present on multiple cells, restarting cellsrv process could lead to the rediscovery of the disk, removing the partition, which lead to the lost of multiple disks.
- Diskgroup will not mount, failing with errors ORA-15040, ORA-15066, ORA-15042
ORA-15040: diskgroup is incomplete
ORA-15066: offlining disk "139" in group "DBFS_DG" may result in a data loss
ORA-15042: ASM disk "139" is missing from group number "1"
ORA-15042: ASM disk "138" is missing from group number "1"
- Disks replaced on storage cells
- The bug affects only disk replacement for slots 2 to 11. System disks (slots 0 and 1) are not affected by this bug.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!