Using Oracle Data Guard between IBM AIX on Power systems and Oracle Solaris on SPARC systems
(Doc ID 1982638.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
The focus of this document is how to configure Data Guard between Oracle Solaris on SPARC systems and IBM AIX on POWER systems.
In order to document the necessary steps and requirements please observe the following:
- Oracle Solaris on SPARC systems will be referred herein as 'SPARC'
- IBM AIX on POWER systems will be referred herein as 'AIX'
- The 'directionality' of the setup is not important as long as one side will be AIX and the other SPARC.
- The steps are applicable to all Oracle Database releases starting from 126.96.36.199 until otherwise noted.
- The scenario used will be one where primary is on AIX while the physical standby will be on SPARC.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document