Using Oracle Data Guard between IBM AIX on Power systems and Oracle Solaris on SPARC systems
Last updated on DECEMBER 31, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
The focus of this document is how to configure Data Guard between Oracle Solaris on SPARC systems and IBM AIX on POWER systems.
In order to document the necessary steps and requirements please observe the following:
- Oracle Solaris on SPARC systems will be referred herein as 'SPARC'
- IBM AIX on POWER systems will be referred herein as 'AIX'
- The 'directionality' of the setup is not important as long as one side will be AIX and the other SPARC.
- The steps are applicable to all Oracle Database releases starting from 184.108.40.206 until otherwise noted.
- The scenario used will be one where primary is on AIX while the physical standby will be on SPARC.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms