Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Oracle HTTP Server - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Web Cache - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Oracle Internet Directory - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11g]
Oracle Forms - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- This applies to all Oracle Database 126.96.36.199 patches documented for Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g 11.1.1 and 11.1.2 homes.
- Oracle Database Patch Set Updates (PSU), Security Patch Updates (SPU), and Windows Bundles for Critical Patch Update.
Symptoms differ based on version of OPatch, UNIX vs Windows, and order of applying patches. The following are completely false actions and messages from OPatch:
- Applying PSU, SPU, Windows Bundle for 188.8.131.52 before Patch 17337741 for 184.108.40.206 SSL/Networking:
Applying interim patch '17337741' to OH '/refresh/clas111a/Middleware/as_1'
Verifying environment and performing prerequisite checks...
Interim patch 17337741 is a subset of the patch(es) [ 18242496 ] in OH
All the fixes of this patch 17337741 is already present in the Oracle Home.
No need to apply this patch.
- Applying PSU, SPU, Windows Bundle for 220.127.116.11 after Patch 17337741 for 18.104.22.168 SSL/Networking:
Conflicts/Supersets for each patch are:
Patch : 20420391
Bug Superset of 17337741
Super set bugs are:
Interim patch 20420391 is a superset of the patch(es) [ 17337741 ] in the Oracle Home
OPatch will roll back the subset patches and apply the given patch.
- Applying PSU, SPU, Windows Bundle for 22.214.171.124 before or after merge of Patch 17337741 (e.g. Patch 19849290 for popular issue described in <Note 1675108.1>):
Patch : 20420391
Bug Conflict with 19849290
Conflicting bugs are:
Patch [ 20420391 ] conflict with patch(es) [ 19849290 ] in the Oracle Home.
To resolve patch conflicts please contact Oracle Support Services.
If you continue, patch(es) [ 19849290 ] will be rolled back and the new
Patch [ 20420391 ] will be installed.
Do you want to proceed? [y|n]
Variations of the error will occur due to different patch numbers, whether 126.96.36.199 SPU, PSU, or Windows BP is applied; or version of OPatch utility in use. It is recommended to replace the ORACLE_HOME/OPatch with the latest 188.8.131.52.0 version using <Patch 6880880>. At time of this writing and testing, OPatch is at version 184.108.40.206.6.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms