Does ACFS Use inode architecture?
(Doc ID 2026700.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Gen 1 Exadata Cloud at Customer (Oracle Exadata Database Cloud Machine) - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Backup Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Monitoring a 20TB ACFS filesystem (using "df -i" command) alerted that very few files are using many inodes.
2) Per 'df -i' command, e.g. Inodes is = 41943040000, IUsed is = 419430400, and IFree is = 41523609600:
4) Per 'ls -lR | wc -l' lists just 246 files.
5) It was unclear why 246 files + small number of directories is using 419,430,400 Inodes.
6) Can anything be done to increase # of inodes in ACFS filesystems?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document