Does ACFS Use inode architecture?
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Monitoring a 20TB ACFS filesystem (using "df -i" command) alerted that very few files are using many inodes.
2) Per 'df -i' command, e.g. Inodes is = 41943040000, IUsed is = 419430400, and IFree is = 41523609600:
4) Per 'ls -lR | wc -l' lists just 246 files.
5) It was unclear why 246 files + small number of directories is using 419,430,400 Inodes.
6) Can anything be done to increase # of inodes in ACFS filesystems?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms