Queries Using SQL Plan Baselines are Slow or Hang During Parse Waiting for 'row cache lock'
(Doc ID 2027839.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Session waits for 'row cache lock':
- Active Session History (ASH) report identifies the top SQL waiting for the event:
- Query has a SQL Plan Baseline defined for it
- The parsing session is on CPU (Not in wait):
- This causes a Higher Shared Pool memory allocation for the component 'SMODI':
- Dropping of SQL Plan Baseline that causes the issue may also be slow or appear to hang.
Database upgraded to 220.127.116.11 or SQL Plan Baseline added
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document