Queries Using SQL Plan Baselines are Slow or Hang During Parse Waiting for 'row cache lock'
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Session waits for 'row cache lock':
- Active Session History (ASH) report identifies the top SQL waiting for the event:
- Query has a SQL Plan Baseline defined for it
- The parsing session is on CPU (Not in wait):
- This causes a Higher Shared Pool memory allocation for the component 'SMODI':
- Dropping of SQL Plan Baseline that causes the issue may also be slow or appear to hang.
Database upgraded to 126.96.36.199 or SQL Plan Baseline added
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms