Exadata database server update (dbnodeupdate.sh) fails and rolls back to previous version
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 220.127.116.11.1 to 18.104.22.168.2 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- This is Exadata specific issue.
- Active Image version: any image before version 22.214.171.124.0.
- Linux kernel version: any Linux kernel version for Exadata image earlier than 126.96.36.199.0.
- Upgrading a database server to an image version prior to 188.8.131.52.0, with dbnodeupdate.sh, fails and gets rolled back to the starting image version.
- Other database servers in the cluster may not have the same problem.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms