Exadata database server update (dbnodeupdate.sh) fails and rolls back to previous version
(Doc ID 2048752.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software - Version 126.96.36.199.1 to 188.8.131.52.2 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- This is Exadata specific issue.
- Active Image version: any image before version 184.108.40.206.0.
- Linux kernel version: any Linux kernel version for Exadata image earlier than 220.127.116.11.0.
- Upgrading a database server to an image version prior to 18.104.22.168.0, with dbnodeupdate.sh, fails and gets rolled back to the starting image version.
- Other database servers in the cluster may not have the same problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!