Oracle9i: EXP-8 ORA-3113 ORA-1041 EXP-0 While Exporting Using MTS
(Doc ID 205442.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.2]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows
***Checked for relevance on 05-Jul-2013***
1. Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 126.96.36.199.0 on MS-Windows Platform.
2. Multi-Threaded Server option (MTS) is configured, e.g.:
SQL> SELECT name, value
WHERE name in ('dispatchers', 'max_dispatchers', 'circuits', 'shared_servers', 'max_shared_servers', 'shared_server_sessions');
3. Invoke Export utility, and connect using Oracle9i Net to a shared server,
1. Export terminates unsuccessfully with:
. exporting system procedural objects and actions
. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3113 encountered
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1041 encountered
ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
2. In alert_<SID>.log in BACKGROUND_DUMP_DEST, you see that a shared server has crashed:
3. In trace file of the shared server (e.g.: <SID>_s000.trc) in USER_DUMP_DEST you can find the following line (example):
1. You recently upgraded to Oracle9i release 2 (9.2.0.x).
2. You recently configured the Multi-Threaded Server (MTS) Option in order to enable shared server connections to the database
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!