Impala Queries with Where Clauses/Other Conditions Perform Type Conversions on "null" Data Causing Timeouts, Excessive Run Time and Unmanageable Server errors on the BDA
(Doc ID 2054680.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 4.2.0 and later
On BDA V4.2/CDH 5.4.0 running an impala query with a where clause or other condition like:
has the following symptoms:
1. In the Impala Query Editor in Hue, "Unmanageable server error occurred: undefined" may be raised.
2. In the Impala Query Editor in Hue, the query may timeout.
3. Running the query directly in the Impala shell may appear to take forever to complete.
4. On Node 4 the node where the Impala daemon resides, /var/log/impalad/impalad.INFO contains hundreds of lines like below:
It is also observed that:
1. Running the same query without a where clause or other condition is successful.
2. Only queries on certain tables have these results. On other tables the same query is successful.
3. All such failing queries run successfully in beeline.
4. The table is imported weekly from an Oracle DB via Sqoop.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document