Complex Insert Intermittently Slower on Partitioned Table as a Result of Cursor Invalidation
(Doc ID 2057107.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- DML query (insert, update,merge or delete) intermittently takes much longer to complete
- DML is performed on a partitioned table
- The query has the same plan for both slow and fast executions
- The amount of buffer gets is significantly higher (2 or 3 times higher) even though the amount of data being processed is the same
- V$ACTIVE_SESSION_HISTORY and V$SQL_MONITOR shows that the SQL_EXEC_ID for the sql_id increases even though it is executed only once
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.