Step 13 of BDA V4.2 AD Kerberos Install Fails with hdfs "already exists in Active Directory" but Removing it Does Not Help
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2015
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 4.2.0 to 4.2.0 [Release 4.2]
1. Installing BDA V4.2 with Mammoth for AD Kerberos fails at Step 13 with an error like:
2. enablekerberos_1442580879.out shows:
Please delete it before re-generating it
3. Deleting this principal and rerunning Step 13 raises exactly the same error.
4. Verifying the certificate with 'openssl x509 -in active_directory.cer -inform DER -text' shows that the certificate is valid.
5. Running the failing LDAP command identified from enablekerberos_1442580879.out being called from /opt/oracle/BDAMammoth/bdaconfig/MammothSteps/SetupKerberos.pm:
does not complete successfully. Instead it ends with:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms