Step 13 of BDA V4.2 AD Kerberos Install Fails with hdfs "already exists in Active Directory" but Removing it Does Not Help
(Doc ID 2060141.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 4.2.0 to 4.2.0 [Release 4.2]
1. Installing BDA V4.2 with Mammoth for AD Kerberos fails at Step 13 with an error like:
2. enablekerberos_1442580879.out shows:
Please delete it before re-generating it
3. Deleting this principal and rerunning Step 13 raises exactly the same error.
4. Verifying the certificate with 'openssl x509 -in active_directory.cer -inform DER -text' shows that the certificate is valid.
5. Running the failing LDAP command identified from enablekerberos_1442580879.out being called from /opt/oracle/BDAMammoth/bdaconfig/MammothSteps/SetupKerberos.pm:
does not complete successfully. Instead it ends with:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document