ORA-04021: 'timeout occurred while waiting to lock object (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)' Error Raised by Create Table as Select
(Doc ID 2096292.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The end user sees 'ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)'
- The ORA-04021 errors have never been displayed in the alert log or any trace files
- There is a CTAS (create table as select...) script running
- The objects are members of a cluster
- The system state dump shows that the resource holder that is blocking the activity (with an eXclusive lock on it (LockMode=X)) is an object in the recycle bin, Name=USER.BIN$KJkwX0JgCNgUx6MIQozYA==$0 (identified by the *.BIN$* prefix in the object name):
(the actual username has been replaced with USER in this example).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document