ORA-29548 Java system class reported: could not identify release specified in classes.bin or ORA-29516 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError sun.net.PortConfig.getLower0
(Doc ID 2149046.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Content in this document is reviewed up to May 2019 ***
This document discusses root causes for the following errors and how to resolve them:
1) ORA-29548: Java system class reported: could not identify release specified in classes.bin
2) ORA-29548: Java system class reported: release of classes.bin in the database does not match that of the oracle executable
3) ORA-29516: Aurora assertion failure: Assertion failure at eox.c:359
Uncaught exception Root of all Java exceptions: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError sun.net.PortConfig.getLower0
One or more of the following symptoms may be present:
1) The Oracle JVM component became invalid after applying or rolling back an OJVM PSU patch to the database
2) Running "select dbms_java.longname('TEST') from dual;" throws one of the following errors.
3) In the database alert log you see entries like "joxcsys: release mismatch".
4) Attempts to run existing Java stored procedures are failing with one of the above errors or ORA-03113 / ORA-07445: [joet_create_root_thread_group].
An OJVM PSU patch was applied or rolled back.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document