Unexpected Behavior Of Global Temporary Table When Temp_undo_enabled set to True and Using DB Links In Database 12c
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Initialization Parameter temp_undo_enabled = true and Global temporary table was not working as we "expected":
2. we insert a single row to the GTT above and immediately commit the record.
3. We delete the same record from the GTT but DO NOT commit.
4. select any record over a database link from this same session.
5. select the deleted record from GTT --> NO ROWS RETURNED
6. Issue a commit (against the delete done in step 3)
7. select the deleted record from GTT --> the deleted row is retuned
Please note that the behavior in step 7 occurs ONLY IF step 4 is performed, else no rows are returned in step 7.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms