Unexpected Behavior Of Global Temporary Table When Temp_undo_enabled set to True and Using DB Links In Database 12c
(Doc ID 2169650.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Initialization Parameter temp_undo_enabled = true and Global temporary table was not working as we "expected":
2. we insert a single row to the GTT above and immediately commit the record.
3. We delete the same record from the GTT but DO NOT commit.
4. select any record over a database link from this same session.
5. select the deleted record from GTT --> NO ROWS RETURNED
6. Issue a commit (against the delete done in step 3)
7. select the deleted record from GTT --> the deleted row is retuned
Please note that the behavior in step 7 occurs ONLY IF step 4 is performed, else no rows are returned in step 7.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document