RFS Is not coming up on standby Due to ORA-12154 on transport (primary side)
(Doc ID 2196182.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Various symptoms which can be noticed:
1. Standby database is not in sync with primary
2. RFS process is not coming up in standby database
3. On primary diagnostic scripts output, the messages are:
1. The TNS_ADMIN environment variable has been setup on another location, after the database was started
2. There was an ORACLE_HOME upgrade in a new path
3. If the primary is RAC databases and only one thread# is encountering this issue, the instance has not been started using srvctl utility with RDBMS_HOME owner
4. There was a restart of the primary with having proper environmnet set up for the instance
5. The tnsnames.ora resides in a non-default location pointed to via the TNS_ADMIN environment variable. This variable is set in the database users environment (e.g. user profile) but not for the database resource stored in the OCR (ora.<db unique name>.db).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!