Not able to open Snapshot Standby Database - Errors: ORA-00322 ORA-00313 ORA-17503
Last updated on MAY 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Taken the backup when the database was in physical standby.
2. Later, physical standby database was converted to snapshot standby and it was in read/write mode.
3. Using the standby database backup, rman duplicate was tried to clone another db on the same server where snapshot standby was in read/write mode.
4. Duplicate went successful, however it overwritten the ORL of snapshot standby which was in read/write mode at that time.
5. Because of this, snapshot standby went down and while opening the snapshot standby database thrown the below error:
SQL> alter database open;
alter database open
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00322: log 31 of thread 2 is not current copy
ORA-00312: online log 31 thread 2: '+DATA_112/marsprdr/onlinelog/group_31.846.924526077'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms