Last updated on MARCH 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
* RAC ONE Database with two nodes
* Relocating the DB hangs, the command executed was:
* The alert for the database instance located on the target node shows the message:
* On the node where the instance was running originally the process RMS0 shows the messages:
* pnp work: # new threads that need to be created = 0
* pnp work: no new public threads are needed
* pnp work: online undo count(*) = 1
* pnp work: total number of undo tablespaces that need to be created = 1
* kjpnp_work: Error! OCIStmtFetch2 returned xffffffff
* kjpnp_work: OCI errcode = 1426
* kjpnp_work: OCI errbuf = ORA-01426: numeric overflow
* kjpnp_work: release PP enqueue and abort gpnp work
RMS0 closes PP enq
Those messages suggest the RDBMS found a single undo tablespace and needs to create another one, but somehow we got the error ORA-01426.
After the RAC ONE database was created, the undo tablespaces were recreated using bigfiles:
Eventually one undo tablespace was removed, leaving the database with a single undo tablespace.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms