Querying a Remote Table via DBLinks and a Public Synonym Produces ORA-04054
(Doc ID 225515.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
* fact: Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition 8.1.7
* fact: MS Windows NT
* symptom: SQL program errors when querying a remote table via DBLinks
* symptom: The query uses client, middle tier and remote databases
* symptom: The middle tier database uses a public synonym to access the
remote databases table
* symptom: The client database uses a DBLink to access the middle tier public
* symptom: ORA-04054: database link %s does not exist
* symptom: Executing the query directly in sqlplus on the client works
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!