Unexpected Results Displaying SSL Wallet Contents, While Using the Wallet Fails With ORA-28860
(Doc ID 2280599.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2017
Applies to:Advanced Networking Option - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unexpected errors are received when using or displaying an SSL wallet (ewallet.p12), including:
- tnsping fails with ORA-28860: Fatal SSL error
- lsnrctl start also fails with ORA-28860.
- orapki and OWM may have varying results when accessing the SSL wallet:
- Using orapki to display the wallet, where the password was entered manually, displays the trusted certificates and the user certificate (as one might expect).
- Using orapki to display the wallet, but with an auto-login wallet (cwallet.sso) so as not to enter the password manually, displays only the trusted certificates -- but not the user certificate.
- Using OWM to open the wallet, where the password is entered manually, displays only the trusted certificates -- but not the user certificate.
- OWM is unable to open the wallet using a provided auto-login wallet.
- An auto-login wallet cannot be created from the ewallet.p12.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document