OUD 11G: Database Net Services TNS Lookups Fail in OUD Replication Topology With Error TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name
Last updated on JULY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.161018 to 18.104.22.168.170418 [Release 11g]
Oracle Net Services - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OUD 126.96.36.199.161018 or any later version of OUD.
High level steps:
1. Create oud1 instance and add some data which is going to be used for tnsnames resolution.
2. Create oud2 instance and add same data that of oud1, which is going to be used for tnsnames resolution
3. Enable Replication between oud1 and oud2 directory servers. Then initialize the replication between oud1 and oud2.
4. After which when tnsnames via OUD is tested from Oracle DB client machine or DB Server machine , tnsnames resolution fails against second oud2 node. But works fine against oud1.
5. If a third OUD node oud3 is added to above replication topology, then same error is thrown against OUD per step-4 above.
6. So in Generic found that whenever any new OUD node is added to replication topology, the tnsnames resolution fails.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms