OUD 11G / 12c: Database Net Services TNS Lookups Fail in OUD Replication Topology With Error TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name
(Doc ID 2287971.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Unified Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.161018 and later
Oracle Net Services - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This issue affects OUD 22.214.171.124.161018 or any later version of OUD.
1. Create oud1 instance and add some data which is going to be used for tnsnames resolution.
2. Create oud2 instance and add same data that of oud1, which is going to be used for tnsnames resolution
3. Enable Replication between oud1 and oud2 directory servers. Then initialize the replication between oud1 and oud2.
4. After which when tnsnames via OUD is tested from Oracle DB client machine or DB Server machine , tnsnames resolution fails against second oud2 node. But works fine against oud1.
$ ./tnsping TEST-A
TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 126.96.36.199.0 - Production on 18-JUL-2017
Copyright (c) 1997, 2013, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Used parameter files:
TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name
5. If a third OUD node oud3 is added to above replication topology, then same error is thrown against OUD per step-4 above.
6. So in Generic found that whenever any new OUD node is added to replication topology, the tnsnames resolution fails.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document