Install MySQL Server With Unix User With No Root Privilege
(Doc ID 2294552.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2017
Applies to:MySQL Server - Version 4.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Need to install MySQL Server on a RedHat Linux host. However, do not have root account in this host.
So need to install it under a service account 'mysql' or 'oracle'.
Could you let us know, what privilege should have for this service account to install MySQL?
And since your document provide many ways to install MySQL on Linux,
- 2.5.1 Installing MySQL on Linux Using the MySQL Yum Repository
- 2.5.2 Replacing a Third-Party Distribution of MySQL Using the MySQL Yum Repository
- 2.5.3 Installing MySQL on Linux Using the MySQL APT Repository
- 2.5.4 Installing MySQL on Linux Using the MySQL SLES Repository
- 2.5.5 Installing MySQL on Linux Using RPM Packages from Oracle
- 2.5.6 Installing MySQL on Linux Using Debian Packages from Oracle
- 2.5.7 Installing MySQL on Linux from the Native Software Repositories
- 2.5.8 Installing MySQL on Linux with docker
- 2.5.9 Installing MySQL on Linux with juju
- 2.5.10 Managing MySQL Server with systemd
Can you let us know which installation way can be used for our non-root account?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document