Recommended Kernel and Firmware Versions to Avoid Known Issues After Upgrade to BDA V4.7, BDA V4.8, BDA V4.9
(Doc ID 2296538.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 09, 2020
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 4.7.0 to 4.9.0 [Release 4.7 to 4.9]
After upgrade to/or install of BDA V4.7, V4.8, V4.9 the recommended kernel and firmware versions are:
1. As detailed in, How To Upgrade a Kernel on BDA V4.2 and Higher/V4.1 (Doc ID 2033797.1), the recommendation for UEK4 kernel upgrades is to upgrade to the latest UEK4QU6 in public yum.
2. OL6 rdma package: rdma-3.10-3.0.31.el6.noarch.
3. HCA Infiniband Firmware: 2.11.1280.
4. Infiniband switches: At least v2.1.8-1, or preferably the latest tested version version 2.2.14-1 if possible.
These versions avoid known issues such as:
1. That described in Queuing Discipline Stops Traffic on a Network Interface (Doc ID 2274368.1).
2. Network restart ("service network restart") causing a crash and a node reboot.
Be aware that once the kernel is updated on BDA 4.7 or BDA V4.8 upgrade to BDA V4.9 will require another kernel update. So although a double kernel upgrade in some cases, this is recommended as it should help avoid problems during the Mammoth upgrade reboot step at Step 2.
Note that in BDA V4.10 and higher there is no need to follow the recommendations here because the kernel and rdma updates are taken care of by Mammoth.
Any cluster that is on BDA V4.7, V4.8 or V4.9.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|OL6 rdma Package|
|HCA Infiniband Firmware|