MySQL Enterprise Backup Restore Through MySQL Workbench Does Not Restore InnoDB Files To Same Location It Backed Them Up From
(Doc ID 2329389.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2017
Applies to:MySQL Enterprise Backup - Version 3.12 and later
MySQL Workbench - Version 6.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With a MySQL Server configured to have some files such as the InnoDB system tablespace file and the InnoDB redo log files stored in a different path than datadir (i.e. options like innodb_data_home_dir and innodb_log_group_home_dir are set to a non-default value), using MySQL Workbench to perform a backup and restore, the files are not restored to their original location.
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps:
- Set innodb_data_home_dir and innodb_log_group_home_dir to a different location than datadir in the MySQL configuration file, for example:
- Configure and execute a full backup in MySQL Workbench.
- Delete all of the files for the MySQL instance.
- Restore the full backup using MySQL Workbench.
- The InnoDB system tablespace file and InnoDB redo log files have been restored to datadir.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!