MySQL Enterprise Backup Restore Through MySQL Workbench Does Not Restore InnoDB Files To Same Location It Backed Them Up From
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2017
Applies to:MySQL Enterprise Backup - Version 3.12 and later
MySQL Workbench - Version 6.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With a MySQL Server configured to have some files such as the InnoDB system tablespace file and the InnoDB redo log files stored in a different path than datadir (i.e. options like innodb_data_home_dir and innodb_log_group_home_dir are set to a non-default value), using MySQL Workbench to perform a backup and restore, the files are not restored to their original location.
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps:
- Set innodb_data_home_dir and innodb_log_group_home_dir to a different location than datadir in the MySQL configuration file, for example:
- Configure and execute a full backup in MySQL Workbench.
- Delete all of the files for the MySQL instance.
- Restore the full backup using MySQL Workbench.
- The InnoDB system tablespace file and InnoDB redo log files have been restored to datadir.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms