Database PITR when there is an offline datafile
(Doc ID 2341927.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
01) create user tablespace with one datafile
02) add 2 more datafiles to that tablespace
03) take datafile 1 from that tablespace OFFLINE
04) create table in that tablespace and add few rows to that table with commit;
05) do a ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE as many times as you have online redologs
06) move all your archive files to other place (or zip them) so that RMAN can not find them
07) take full RMAN online backup
08) add few more rows to the table and commit;
09) write down the current timestamp and SCN
10) take tablespace OFFLINE
11) take tablespace ONLINE => at this point ORA-1113 is raised
12) restore database to timestamp from 09) so RMAN will use the backup from 07)
13) try PITR to timestamp from 09) => at this point RMAN will ask for all archivelogs since the datafile was put offline
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!