FOREIGN RESTORE OF ENCRYPTED BACKUP FAILS WITH ORA-00600:[krbr1pd_foreign_file_encrypted] DURING UNPLUG/PLUG PDB.
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
+ Unplug and plug operations of a PDB with one or more encrypted tablespace (TDE),
+ The PDB is successfully unplugged (using DBCA) into pluggable database fileset (xml metadata file and dfb backup file).
+ Plugging PDB (using DBCA or SQL*Plus + RMAN) into CDB 220.127.116.11 fails with ORA-600 [krbr1pd_foreign_file_encrypted]
The steps to reproduce the error are:
1. Create new PDB
2. Configured a password-based software keystore (wallet) or SSO auto-login wallet,
3. Created TDE Master Encryption Key (step 4)
4. Created encrypted tablespace in this PDB
5. Exported TDE Master Encryption Keys for my PDB
6. Unplug PDB with DBCA into pluggable database fileset (xml metadata file and dfb backup file)
7. Plug (create) PDB with DBCA from this pluggable database fileset
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms