FOREIGN RESTORE OF ENCRYPTED BACKUP FAILS WITH ORA-00600:[krbr1pd_foreign_file_encrypted] DURING UNPLUG/PLUG PDB.
(Doc ID 2357699.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
+ Unplug and plug operations of a PDB with one or more encrypted tablespace (TDE),
+ The PDB is successfully unplugged (using DBCA) into pluggable database fileset (xml metadata file and dfb backup file).
+ Plugging PDB (using DBCA or SQL*Plus + RMAN) into CDB 126.96.36.199 fails with ORA-600 [krbr1pd_foreign_file_encrypted]
The steps to reproduce the error are:
1. Create new PDB
2. Configured a password-based software keystore (wallet) or SSO auto-login wallet,
3. Created TDE Master Encryption Key (step 4)
4. Created encrypted tablespace in this PDB
5. Exported TDE Master Encryption Keys for my PDB
6. Unplug PDB with DBCA into pluggable database fileset (xml metadata file and dfb backup file)
7. Plug (create) PDB with DBCA from this pluggable database fileset
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document