Node(s) Loose Connection with CM with Agents Reporting: "This host is in Contact with Cloudera Manager Server. This host is not in contact with Host Monitor"
(Doc ID 2363310.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 09, 2018
Applies to:Big Data Appliance Integrated Software - Version 4.0 and later
The reported symptoms are:
1. One or more nodes loose connection with Cloudera Manager(CM).
2. For those nodes loosing connection with CM the hosts are repeatedly reported as having 'good' and then 'bad' health.
3. For the host(s) in this state, CM reports the Agent Status as:
4. Checking associated cloudera-scm-agent log, /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/cloudera-scm-agent.log shows
a) That the CM Agent is not able to get the details of the process directory.
b) That the CM Agent is not able to fetch metrics:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cmf-5.9.0-py2.6.egg/cmf/monitor/generic/metric_collectors.py", line 200, in _collect_and_parse_and_returnself._adapter.safety_valve))
5. Restarting the cloudera-scm-agent on the host does not resolve the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document