Redo transport on Windows getting ORA-12523
(Doc ID 2370988.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
- The following error reported in the alert log from the Physical standby database on Windows:
Error 12523 connecting to destination LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_2 standby host '<PRIMARY_tns>'
- Sqlnet error stack also shows the following error:
- Tnsping to the standby <standby_tns> successful
1. Connect to the primary from the standby sqlplus sys/<password>@<primary_tns> as sysdba successful.
2. Connect to the standby from the standby server sqlplus sys/<password>@<standby_tns> as sysdba successful.
3. Connect from the primary to the standby sqlplus sys/<password>@<standby_tns> as sysdba, failed with:
ORA-12523: TNS:listener could not find instance appropriate for the client
Primary server was rebooted and this has not worked since.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document