After Setting use_pure = False or Upgrading to 8.0, the Application No Longer Works
(Doc ID 2383768.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2019
Applies to:MySQL Connectors - Version 2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The application has stopped working or encounters errors not previously seen. It is likely that most of the application works as expected, but other parts fail. The issue starts after changes have been made either to the configuration of the connection to MySQL Server, upgrading MySQL Connector/Python, or migrating to a new host (see the Changes section for details).
Some typical symptoms may be:
- Until and including 8.0.16, creating a cursor with prepared=True no longer work:
Starting with 8.0.17, prepared statement cursors is supported when using the C Extension.
The issues start after making at least one of the following changes:
- Changed the value of use_pure to False when creating connections.
- Upgraded to MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.11 or later where the default value of use_pure has changed to False.
- Changed to use a different host while having the use_pure option explicitly set.
- Upgrading to 8.0.12+ while still using the pure Python implementation after the upgrade.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document