Standby Database Fails to Start with Error ORA-39510 / CRS-2800 / (Linux-x86_64 Error: 28: No space left on device) After All Disk Group in Intermediate Status
(Doc ID 2385264.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Single instance Grid Infrastructure Restart Environment.
- Grid Infrastructure home is seen with more than 97000+ aud files.
- File system which has Grid Home is not 100% used in space.
- SQL> startup mount;
CRS-2800: Cannot start resource 'ora.ARCH.dg' as it is already in the INTERMEDIATE state on server 'hostname'
CRS-0223: Resource 'ora.dbname.db' has placement error.
- All ASM disk group is in Intermediate status.
- ASM alert log does not have any new entries after shutdown.
Standby database instance was shutdown during maintenance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document