AIX: ACFS Is Causing Server Swapping
Last updated on MAY 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
- Server swapping was observed in a 2 nodes RAC 18.104.22.168.4 Database running on AIX 6.1 TL9.
- Each server has 30GB physical memory and 24GB SWAP Space.
- Oracle GoldenGate is setup to replicate the data to a DWH. GoldenGate uses ACFS to store its files (binaries, trails, config files etc.).
- After a server is rebooted, its performance starts to degrade due to memory leaking and the server finally runs out of physical memory and swap space. This usually takes a few weeks.
- It usually happens on the machine where golden gate is running.
vmstat output from affected server from problem time:
As per Doc ID 1937714.1, this server is leaking memory in oracleoks.ext and this is reported to be #14726314 which is closed as duplicate of #16217380
This has been marked as duplicate of #18168684 which is already applied in this system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms