Do NOT Delete Data Files at the OS Level in a Multitenant Database before Dropping a PDB
(Doc ID 2406001.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Backup Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You cannot drop a PDB, and may not be able to open or close it. Opening it may crash the CDB. You are getting a variety of errors, which may include any (or many) of the following:
- ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: 
- ORA-00704: bootstrap process failure
- ORA-00376: file <fileno> cannot be read at this time
- ORA-01110: data file <fileno>: '<filename>'
- ORA-17628: Oracle error 308 returned by remote Oracle server
- ORA-00308: cannot open archived log
- ORA-01155: the database is being opened, closed, mounted or dismounted,
- ORA-65104: operation not allowed on an inactive pluggable database
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!