List Backup Doesn't Show Backup Of Bigfile Datafile >= 32TB in size in controlfile or recovery catalog
(Doc ID 2407835.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Bigfile having size >= 32TB.
- Backups complete successfully without any error .
- But the 'list backup' for the big datafile does not list the backuppieces irrespective of whether connected to controlfile or catalog.
- The backuppieces of the 32TB datafile recorded in the logfile are physically available.
- Cataloging those backuppieces can be done without issues and once done they get listed in 'list backup'. But the next backup run hits the issue again.
- Section size is specified in backup.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!