After ODA Deployment on 12.2 Unable To Create Database Appliance ORA-15030: diskgroup name ".." "is in use by another diskgroup" ; 'FAIL TO DISCOVER DISK GROUPS' ; ORA-15018 "diskgroup cannot be created" ;
(Doc ID 2435314.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
INS-30516, INS-30530, deployment failure at step 16,
1) Unable to create the Oracle Database Appliance while on or upgrading to 12.2.1.x due to a diskgroup already existing /discovered.
- DEPLOYMENT FAILURE AT STEP 16
- Deployment with bundle patch 220.127.116.11.0 i got the below error at 64% of the installation.
INFO : This is root, will become grid and run: /bin/su grid -c /usr/bin/ssh -l grid ABC /opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/gridconfig.sh
INFO : Running on the local node: /bin/su grid -c /opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/gridconfig.sh
ERROR : Ran '/bin/su grid -c "/opt/oracle/oak/onecmd/tmp/gridconfig.sh"' and it returned code(254) and output is:
[FATAL] [INS-30516] Please specify unique disk groups.
CAUSE: Installer has detected that the diskgroup name provided already exists on the system.
ACTION: Specify different disk group.
[FATAL] [INS-30530] Following specified disks have invalid header status: [/dev/mapper/SSD_E0_S00_2345678...p1, /dev/mapper/SSD_E0_S01_....p1,...... etc p1, /dev/mapper/SSD_E0_S19_.....p1]
ACTION: Ensure only Candidate or Provisioned disks are specified.
2) If adding disks such as one or more 5-pack to X7-2 HA or the X6-2 HA.
- State=UNKNOWN Status='NEWDISKINSERTED'
- Disk is missing in the slot: ....##
Example from adding an expansion 5-disk pack
# odaadmcli show disk
NAME PATH TYPE STATE STATE_DETAILS
1. Redeploying an ODA with at least one prior installation of 12.2.1.x
- Meaning: upgrading or deploying from 12.2.1.x to 12.2.1.x
2. Adding expansion disk packs to ODA HA versions of the X7-2 or X6-2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!