Processes Executing Pipelined Function Spins On CPU With 100% Utilization
(Doc ID 2445505.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Session which is running chain of pipelined functions is hanging and thecorresponding process spins on CPU.
- Session remains active and strace on the process shows nothing.
- Database seems to be in Hang state.
- In most cases process continues to spin forever until it is killed.
- This condition occurs when two or more sessions are running the same pipelined functions simultaneously.
- There are no locks or waiting condition or anything else related to concurrency visible on session level.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.