Exadata: RDBMS/ASM Instances may hang during a cell outage though the fix for the bug 19883038 is present
(Doc ID 2446982.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The slave Diskmon (DSKM) running on the RDBMS/ASM Instances appear to be hung during an unplanned or planned cell outage situation.
- one cell node reboot because of flash card replacement
- all asm alert log file reported DSKM process appears to be hung. Initiating system state dump at the same time
- From system state dump , DSKM was waiting for 'master diskmon read'
- In system state dump ,call stack of DSKM includes -ksz_get_kgzm_msg()+313<-ksz_add_ossdev()+1675<-ksz_proc_dskm_req()+1190<-ksbabs()
- Database version is 220.127.116.11.170418 and later
One of the storage cells is down.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document