ODA Upgrade Fails and No Oracle Database Homes are Listed Using OAKCLI SHOW DATABASE HOMES
(Doc ID 2469847.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 2.5 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Bare Metal or Oracle Database Appliance Virtualized Platform can encounter this problem.
This problem can also happen on any ODA version or hardware.
This problem is restricted to the OAK Stack and not intended to include any ODA HW or Versions using the DCS stack.
Although the problem was discovered during patching pre-checks, the patching procedure had no direct relationship to the problem.
- While performing precheck oakcli show dbhomes did not work.
- oakcli show databases did work and also showed the location of the database homes
- While some commands did work, others might fail or only reveal partial information
- Most firmware showed that an upgrade was still pending or not needed
- The GI infrastructure version did show that patching would use a higher version
- The current used was higher than the target version
Unknown source leading to the problem.
- Potential changes include:
- Running YUM accidentally overwriting key binaries.
- Cleanup of files to make space for the upgraded accidentally removed the wrong files
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!